Game Management Guidelines
USA Rugby publishes the Game Management Guidelines to advise referees on how to ensure matches are played fairly and safely. It is a useful resource for coaches, players, and parents to know what to expect in a match.
On these pages, you will find three types of rugby guides:
- Printable introductions to rugby for spectators and new players.
- Videos introducing the sport to newcomers
- Instructional videos for players to learn basic skills and individual positions.
- How to Do Line-Outs
- Passing Master Class
- Goal-Kicking Master Class
- Rugby Kicking Technique
- Drop Goal Master Class
- Assist Tackles
- Flanker play after a scrum
- Rugby 101: Understanding Player Positions
- How to Play Prop (#1 or #3)
- How to Play Hooker (#2)
- How to Play Lock - "Second Row" (#4 or #5)
- How to Play Flanker (#6 or #7)
- How to Play Number 8 (#8)
- How to Play Scrum Half (#9)
- How to Play Fly Half (#10)
- How to Play Center (#12 or #13)
- How to Play Wing (#11 or #14)
- How to Play Fullback (#15)